Thursday, January 20, 2011

Peter Hudson Painting


After mentioning the acquisition of a Peter Hudson painting I thought I'd better post an image.  I bought the painting for Richard for Xmas and, fortunately, he loves it as much as I.  Peter is one of our best local (Sunshine Coast) artists having won the Sunshine Coast Art Prize, and has been a finalist in the Archibald Prize.  The painting is a daily delight and I feel privileged to have it hanging on my wall.

 
"Ray & Moon" - Painted by Peter Hudson
 
Peter's work can be seen at :  http://www.peterhudsonart.com/

A propos my 'collage project' I spent last weekend at a "Mixed Media Madness" workshop with Noela Mills, another favourite local artist.  We spent two fabulous days throwing paint around, cutting, collaging, making brushes and books, and generally having great fun.  The result was an assortment of finished pieces that were surprisingly complete, and very creative.  As yet I have to photograph mine, but will soon.
Kerry 'fuming' the back of her work to make a book
These double sided sheets were folded and cut into double page size, folded again and sewn together with a woven binding.  The finished product was a book of 'art' where each page was a serendipitous accident.  Some pages worked better than others, but those that didn't could be altered by the addition of more brushwork, or collage.  Will eventually get some of mine photographed.

Some of the results of this workshop can be seen at :  http://wabisabiart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment