Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On the Easel

The local Rotary Club is having its second  annual 'Suncoast' art exhibition next month, and I've been fortunate enough to be invited to show. Am working on three paintings, all on a coastal theme. Two are still not ready to show you but this is almost done.

Dicky Beach
An aerial view of my favourite beach named after a wreck, the SS Dicky, an iron screw steamship washed ashore during a storm in 1893. There's a little flare in the bottom left of the photo. Not ideal conditions for camera.

Last year we were away for the opening but I am looking forward to  attending this year.  It is held in the very glam 'Rumba' resort in Caloundra.

Exhibition openings are always fun, tho' R tends to disappear into the woodwork (if he comes with me). I value his support, but that doesn't mean he has to endure hours of 'artspeak' so I leave him at home unless I am actually showing work.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you on having your work in the show! The colors are beautiful and I love the abstract-yet-realistic feel of your painting.

    ReplyDelete