Monday, May 30, 2011

Latest Abstract

Have been working on several paintings at a time as is my usual practice, but I've signed this so I guess it's deemed to be finished.

I'm loving the layering and the richness of colour that is happening lately.  My muse has me in her grip.


Stairway to Paradise

This painting is destined for the 'Ekka', in the abstract section.  Ekka is our 'pet' name for the Royal Brisbane Show which attracts artists from all over.  Competition is fierce so we are all trying our best.

I have three other works to enter, but you've seen those, except perhaps the following:

City Lights

The Show isn't until August but entries are required early. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice work.love the vibrant colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David.. I'm having such fun with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jo , 'the City Lights " is such a wonderful work with such strong beautiful colours... I think I have to move to queensland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Jo! Nice to support a local event too. A Brissy girl from way back - the ekka was an annual ritual. Gee do they have a sculpture section??? I'd like to know....

    oh, by the way City Lights is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! Both are wonderful--and impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele... Thanks Michele. There's no doubt that QLDers like bright colours.

    Kim... Sent you details. Hope you enter...AND WIN.

    Jane... That's kind of you, hope the judges think so.

    ReplyDelete