Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Love.... SETH APTER

Self Portrait - Seth Apter
... and who wouldn't?  (sorry Richard)  Seth is one of those busy, busy people who always makes time for other people and projects, as well as his  own art.  He is a fellow blogger, and a prolific one at that. His blog The Altered Page  mostly promotes the work of other artists, and he has recently published a book The Pulse Of Mixed Media containing the innermost thoughts, and the works, of 100+ mixed media artists.

His 'real' job is psychologist, tho' when he finds time for that I don't know. New York City is his home... the international hub of modern art. ... and, by the way, he's much better looking than the self-portrait above.


He is focused primarily on paper arts, book arts, and textural assemblage.  His work and words can be seen in print, in such publications as Artful Blogging, Pasticcio Quartz.  His artwork is available for purchase in his Etsy shop.

Some examples of his work....



With my recently renewed interest in collage and mixed media work you can see what the attraction is.  However...  I'm nothing short of fickle so I have to say that I also love:

Eric Adama of Cerulean

Ralf Bohnenkamp

Mick Mather

Barry of Rustnstuff

and, Csaba Pal

Well, I never said I was perfect.



5 comments:

  1. wow thank you for showing this man's fab work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are a lot of people with crushes on Seth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the self-portrait.
    Thanks for sharing his work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally took a few minutes to browse your other recommended sites - I already follow Eric on Cerulean and you've spoken of Barry before (LOVE his art); the others were new and just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing - I always draw inspiration from such talented folks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My self portrait is blushing Jo. I send you humble thanks and appreciate the other links you shared as well. Gobsmacked I say!

    ReplyDelete