Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Letter Week - A, B, C, D

It's now well and truly the second half of the year for the A Letter A Week challenge.

I'm VERY late. I feel like my whole life is running two months late these days. Despite this I've managed to, eventually, get my 'letters' done for July and August.

Being prone to a little whimsy I've taken Fiona's challenge QUITE literally this time and have written a missive for each week. After all that's what the alphabet is for isn't it, to communicate?

I began with some 330gm watercolour paper and some splattered black. My 'letters' I printed on vellum and then scorched the sides. This made them quite wonky, so I had to press them for a while under some books. I wanted a feeling that there might have been some attempt to destroy them, as one does with notes one receives.

The watercolour paper has been torn and folded into 'signatures' with a view to making a book eventually, if I can remember how (thanks to Noela for the lesson), and the 'letters' secured with sealing wax imprinted with the letter of the alphabet.

My 'letters' run the entire gamut of communications... greetings, advice, warnings, romance, etc., and many are quite ambiguous. I hope you will all find something that sparks your imagination in some way, so that you can picture a scenario between two people.


Paper and blots












Hope Fiona approves.  I'm enjoying this.



6 comments:

  1. I started to leave the comment on the Letter/Day site then realized you'd more easily read it here. I love the idea of these, the creative verbiage, the thoughtful contemplation of a conversation in only one letter! It's going to make a fabulous alpha story! I'll be watching for the rest.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea to address the letter challenge.
    Lovely messages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks GREAT Jo !!! A book will certainly be great , but even hanging them next to each other on a wall will look stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Jo, I like the wax seal with the letter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MY Jo
    these are brilliant
    you certainly had me going from one to the next with bated breath

    black and white and a pop of read
    Love the drama of it all!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete