Thursday, August 25, 2011

Liberate Your Art

Recently I was involved in a 'postcard swap' run by KAT SLOMA , a photographer from Oregon USA. I dutifully made five postcards, with photos of recent work on the front, and was rewarded with five return cards from different people PLUS one from Kat herself. Each postcard had a different message on the back, some with interesting quotes.  A great way to see more 'stuff' and connect with creative people on the other side of the world.

Here are the five I received, almost all from photographers of course.

Brigitte Hoist
"I'm sending you my warmest wishes with this photo I took in April.  Hope you'll like it.
Have a wonderful day oxo   Brigitte (aka Rosie Grey) "

Abstract In Blue by Kelly Helfrich
"Hi new art friend ! Would love to hear from you ! Stop by & say hi !"
(Sorry Kelly, I tried the blog on the back of your card but got nowhere)

<><><><><><>
Anita Hadley
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt
Hi from Florida !  Take care - Anita   "

<><><><><><>
Angela P Shenk
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world - the Buddha.
Be well, xo Angela "

Gail Ornstein
"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary - Aaron Rose.  xoxo  Gail "
... and last, but definitely not least, KAT herself.


"I'm so glad we met through this swap !  :)  Kat " 
Loved the cards, and the quotes.  I was thrilled to connect with these talented people and see more work on their web pages.  You can too by clicking on the links... (coloured names for those new to the concept).....  or the following box.





26 comments:

  1. It's too bad the link you had for Kelly (the second postcard) didn't work because I was really fond of that one. Of course, they are all lovely, so I think you made out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You received really beautiful postcards. Love them all, but especially the last one!

    Hope your day is going great!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. all really lovely postcards and what fun they must have been to find in your mailbox...I continue to marvel at the wonderful connections we can make...all thanks to blogging and the generous hearts out there

    Happy Weekend to you and yours dear Jo!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful quotes! I love all of these cards! I really loved the second one! Maybe Kelly will leave you a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the postcards you received, but especially like the abstract. I think I need to take up photography after seeing all of the photo/postcards, too!

    Bill from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... these are wonderful works of art.
    Such fantastic postcards.
    Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed my visit on your blog :]
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All gorgeous! Wasn't it a blast?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got lots of flowers back. :) I loved the messages on my postcards as well. Such a nice personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so much fun, and seeing the other art that was liberated (your cards) is even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing these here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! So happy that they all made it to you in Australia! Thanks so much for joining in with the swap and the hop. I hope to get more of all different types of artists next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that one of my postcards made it to Australia! I loved participating in this...it was thrilling waiting for the mail each day:)

    Gail O

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to see a participant from Australia. And thanks for sharing your lovely returns.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing all the cards you received - I participated too and it was really fun to receive the cards - all spread out in timing and in location. You received some beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jo

    Just bloghopping the Liberate Your Art swap. Nice to meet you and your work and hope to meet again in the next swap.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS I like your ICE collages. I might take part in next year's expo!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy my card made it to Australia! I wish I could have gone with it. Maybe some day I will get to visit your side of the world. Such a fun project to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All lovely and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful collection of postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like you enjoyed the swap. beautiful art shared!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You received some beautiful art! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so happy one of my photos made its way to Australia! :-) Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You received quite a majority of floral photos! That was very interesting. They were all very beautiful, though! I love the pink colors! That beach scene is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards that look like they found their way to the right "home."

    ReplyDelete