Friday, September 21, 2012

Photo Scavenger...the Aussie version

Here I am again, unable to resist doing Rinda's photo scavenger hunt  AGAIN.  My previous scavenger post (17th August) was on holidays in Europe and Singapore.  Now I'm determined to show more of Australia. Some of the photos were a little dreary so  just had to do a little 'tweaking' in Photoshop.

In order of Rinda's list, here goes....

1.  A pier:  This extraordinary pier is at Mandorah Island in Darwin.  We spent a lovely few hours lunching at the pub here.



2. A clothesline:  Of course, my very own clothesline, complete with washing, as viewed through a flannelette sheet...it's been winter here.


3. A border:  Will a lace border do?

 

4. A roadside stand selling something:  Well, this is more of a roadside 'sit' (hope it counts).  This guy is turning out spray paintings for sale in Brisbane.



5. A train:  Our friend, Bill, who is driving this train, built it himself in his 'shed' just around the corner from our house. He is part of a model train group that has fun days for children and various charities.


6. A historical Landmark:  The Endeavour River in Cooktown, where Captain James Cook first landed.  It is a great place to spend a few days of R & R, but a long way from anywhere.




7. A person playing a musical instrument:  My clever hubby playing the didgeridoo...or trying to.



8. A person dressed as an angel or a statue of an angel:  I made heaps of these angels, but only kept a few.  They come out each Christmas.


9.  A fountain:  This gorgeous fountain is the centrepiece of the memorial park in my hometown in NSW.


10.  A horse:  There is an abundance of horses in this area, and the local show (or 'fair' for those in the USA) is the place to see them.


11. A shadow:  Me again, in a local park.


12. A maze, labyrith, or trail:  This is the track through our local bush park.  We walk this way almost every morning.


13.  A library:  My front room is called, alternatively, the library or the gallery.  Take your pick.  It is the repository for my paintings on their way to or from exhibitions.


14.  A person playing with a ball:  I took this at a basketball game in my hometown. You can barely see the ball so I just had to show you where it is.


15. Someone dancing:  Friends Di and Jude really getting into 'Nutbush City Limits'.  You rock girls!


16.  A bride:  I just loved this wedding. Vicki and Brenden had a perfect day.


17. A church, chapel, cathedral, or mosque.  Outback churches are just soooo quaint.  That's Richard appearing on the right-hand side.


18.  A movie poster:  The Sapphires is an Aussie film showing everywhere now.  It's about an aboriginal group of girls who sang for the troops in Vietnam.


19. An outdoor stairway:  Does a stairway from the beach fit this one?


20. A swing, or hammock, hanging from a tree: A new neighbour conveniently just put one up.



21. A picture of you standing with something that symbolises your nation:  The flag fits the bill perfectly.



I guess that's a summary of my life.  Well, some of it anyway.

Many thanks to Rinda for the challenge...it's been fun.


13 comments:

  1. Love the clothes line one Jo!!! Whoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. I too love the clothesline shadows, the gallery/library and all the scenes! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome grouping - I feel like I took to Oz this morning (loved the stop at your gallery/library). But my absolute favorite is that clothesline. I think you could/should print that up and sell it.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly - what a fab collection of images. These were some hard prompts...don't know that I'd have or know where to take pictures to satisfy some of them but I can see it was a fun challenge. I think all your pics fit their categories perfectly - a little creativity is to be encouraged right? Love your library/gallery - it looks inviting and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of scavenger hunt photographs. I love seeing the piece of lace, looking at those inviting steps to the beach but most of all, I love that clothesline. I agree with Rinda, you could sell postcards of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What terrific photos!! I especially love the pier,the trail and the stairway from the beach. The angel is beautiful-you are so talented in so many ways Jo! And I too love the clothesline pic, the church pic, your library-Ok...nuff said :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it's been nearly three weeks since I visited. I missed your pears, your mail art, and nearly missed this lovely post that shows where you live. I'm always interested in places I haven't visited and feel like I'm right there with you in these photos. I was totally impressed.

    I had comments for so many of these, but the thing I remember most is the horse show. We also have horse shows in the midwest (USA). Our fairs are for judging them and other animals. Not sure about the rest of the country, but that's how we do it.

    BTW, those outdoor stairs to the beach sure DO qualify (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  8. a fun post and a day in the life of Jo :) REALLY REALLY LOOOVE THE CLOTHES LINE IMAGE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the trip Jo, I like wandering around with you. Love the clothes line seen through the flannel sheet. Time to get them out here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great list and some fabulous photos. I love that one of you and the flag. the wedding couple next to the car! but here's my only question:

    He Built His Own TRAIN !?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun...enjoyed your first scavenger hunt pix and these are brilliant too!

    I adore the clothesline...was photoshop used on that one?

    must admit on our recent travels things from Rinda's list kept popping up...could have almost done it a second time

    Scavenger hunts are just so much fun...thank you for turning me on to it in the first place Jo
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun challenge! I loooooove #2, your clothesline through the sheet. What a beautiful photograph, a work of art in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete