Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Beach

Living on the coast I am greatly influenced by the beach.  I love the sun, the salt air, and the sound of waves.  Of course visiting the beach is a wonderful way to 'people-watch' too.  Who knows what you're looking at behind those huge sunnies? 

Am in the process of painting some beach-related works for an exhibition in October.  They are small, 45 x 45 cm, and am trying to keep the detail to a minimum.  It's difficult to keep the story evident, without the detail, but I'm in there trying.


Sunrise Surfer

Follow Me
Paddling


10 comments:

  1. These are fun Jo, because when you squint, everything becomes perfectly clear! (i love that in a painting!)

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three terrific paintings Jo, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM - yet another delightful experiment b- love the lack of detail and yet the full 'picture' is there. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured the essence of sunny beach holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne... Thanks so much... it seems something must be working.

    Netty, Barry, Robyn... Glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! And what do you mean 45x45 cm is small? :) That's huge to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These beach paintings make me feel like I'm there (I wish I wish!), Jo- the colors just say "summer"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natasha... I usually work on anything from 10 x 10 to 90 x 90 cm. Emma seems quite small to me.

    Sharmon... I LOVE the beach... or have I said that already?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these three paintings very much, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Mick... good to hear from you

    ReplyDelete