Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Of Colours - Yellow

Here we are again... the weeks are flying and we are halfway through the Summer Of Colours. Kristin has posted this week's colour, yellow, and a more summery colour would be hard to find. As always I have a mixed bag , but first is a very Australian summer image to kick-start my collection.


 We are so lucky in this country to have such fabulous beaches, often with very few people.

Next image is a painting, inspired by my garden.  I love nasturtiums, and they ramble everywhere.  I often pick both leaves and flowers to add to salads.

JUST VISITING - acrylic on canvas, 45 x 45 cm

Of course, I often leave out my pottery... so here's a teapot that I called 'A Handy Little Teapot'.



AND... for all those Adobe Photoshoppers out there I've really gone mad with the summer theme.

SUMMER SUN
I reckon that'll do me for this one, tho' I could go on, and on, interminably.

18 comments:

  1. wonderful versatility again - love the teapot with such expressive hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your pieces...that teapot is blooming gorgeous!!!!so unique...so....also wanted to tell you you put kristins link instead of your own...you might want to fix it so people can see your fabulous work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM - you really have been busy from looking at your last few posts. I really like the last altered photo - very abstract. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your beautiful painting and altered photo. Brilliant teapot, love this as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore each of your "yellows". Can't decide on a fav...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!

    OMG that lovely EMPTY beach!

    I love all of your 'yellows' - that tea pot is really funky as are the nasturtiums and visiting bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great collection of yellowness!
    Your flower painting is stunning and how fun is your handy little yellow teapot!!
    Gorgeous pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU everyone for your encouraging words. It's most gratifying to find people liking your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! These images are just stunning! I love what you did with photoshop and your painting is just gorgeous - loving the little bee ;) BUT that pottery! So so cool, I love it all - thank you for sharing this with us, xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great pieces. My mother fed us many nasturtiums in salads during my childhood. I think that I appreciate them more now than I did back then. I like your Photoshop piece, it is a cool abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW these are amazing you have great work. I love the painting it's so strong and rich, a lovely depth of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kristin, Janelle, Melinda, and Lesley. I'm delighted by the response to my 'yellow' week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful yellows, and I love love love the beach photo-wish I was there LOL! Your Photoshop work is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your last altered photo...it is amazing work and I ADORE...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your yellows, especially the handy little tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane... Thanks for that. We've just had a few days of bitter cold... too cold for the beach, but now the sun is back and days are gorgeous...hooray!

    Liette... Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Sharon... I'm giving up pottery this year to concentrate on painting. It's getting too difficult to do both.

    CM... Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete