Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inspiration - Picasso

Well, you would think that with a challenge like 'Picasso' Inspiration Avenue would have provided us with endless opportunities for creativity.  Picasso was one of the world's most prolific painters, and a favourite of mine.  I feel a certain amount of awe and reverence for his work, and have struggled with either copying or 'taking off' any of his paintings.

I have bitten the bullet however to produce one submission for the challenge this week, but am still a little uncomfortable with it.  My Adobe image is a compilation of one of my local beach photos and Picasso's "The Sisters"

A Cold Day At The Beach

Sorry Maestro, hope you are not offended by my satire.

9 comments:

  1. I think he would have approved~~he was such an interesting (and complex!) artist!
    Good work Jo ♥

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its wonderful Jo, you are so very talented. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think your interpretation of Picasso is wonderful. Really enjoyed this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have placed them on the beach. They look like they belong there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne.. he was indeed.

    Thanks also Netty, Elizabeth (& Bluebeard), and Mag. Oddly enough I do find Picasso more than inspirational... but I just don't want to 'take off' his work

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Picasso inspired piece. This is very creative and I feel that is how Picasso inspires us. Love the texture that you used on the ocean and then adding in the sisters is a perfect touch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! especially the texture it creates.. great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think he would have accepted this as a wonderful homage in the spirit it was meant to be taken- definitely not plagiarism.....I LOVE the way you did this by the way, and fwiw, I felt a little weird doing mine as well if that makes you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bow to you. This is work with soul. ♥

    ReplyDelete