Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Of Colour - Purple

Kristin has made this week's colour 'PURPLE'... sometimes not easy to work with, but I've given it a go. As I often begin with a photograph, let's not change anything...


A gorgeous Iris in a beautiful bouquet, a gift, not from my garden this time...

...then perhaps a very small painting inspired by an Australian jazz singer, although only a little purple.

Emma Sings The Blues
That made me think of digital portraits, perhaps with a view to a later painting?

Collaboration Or Conspiracy?
Similar palette as 'Emma'.  I guess I really like those colours together.

Of course a little beading is my relaxation, and I'm forever making earrings and stuff.  I need to have jewels to match ALL my clothes, and love making for friends too. Guess this fulfils Kristin's  'bling' bonus requirement too.
Amethyst... a favourite
Glass pearls.. they come in such great colours.

I love these 'angels'
I'm all purpled out!!!!

14 comments:

  1. well I love every one of those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are all fabulous and I adore your painting of Emma. Just seen your fabulous teapots. So much talent in one lady.....brilliant. Continue having loads of fun. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, beautiful pieces all! I always enjoy seeing your jewelry creations. I also saw your teapot post and OMG they are truly fabulous! I love every one but particularly the blue (I think it was your fave too). Just gorgeous. Thanks for continuing to stop by my site and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, stunning,, I love purple and your represntation of it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, the photo and the art really gets me~
    You are sooo talented! xXx I love how you capture so much mood with these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much beautiful purple for us to feast our eyes on. My favourite is Ella Sings the Blues. I love that flash of red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all amazing...your jazz singer...gobsmacked!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely to get all this great feedback, and to connect with so many talented people. I appreciate the time you take to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fab purple pieces. Love the portrait of a singer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what an amazing arrangement of inspiration! AND Emma sings the blues is stunning! Really really amazing - thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Natasha and Kristin. Glad you like Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning is the word, here!! Jo you did a great job with purple!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my , those angels are too cute. Love all your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much wonderful purple inspiration to look at, but my fave has to be 'Emma sings the blues' amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete