Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BLOGGING - Ups and Downs


There are lots of things I love about blogging.  I love the connection with other artists.  I love to write so it is a good way for me to combine words with my art images....AND it is a wonderful way to get my work 'out there'.


BE NOTICED - collage ATC
 
LOVE & KISSES - mixed media ATC

BUT..... I'm forever adding to my reading list by following other blogs that I find irresistible.  This means that, due to time constraints I can't always comment, tho' I read most.  The thing that captures me is that first image on the reading list.  Usually, no image no read.

AND... being busy means I sometimes lose track of stuff.  Like the above ATCs that I have marked 'HOLD' for someone.  So, Jean of Out Of Hand, if you are out there please contact me.

I often feel like I'm over-committed as I actually have a creative life outside the computer.  However, when those outside times are slow, the computer is a great boon. I belong to many ATC trading groups, but it is hard to keep track of everything.

Occasionally my love for blogging is rewarded by the acknowledgement of someone whose work I admire greatly.  Like recently, Laura Lein Svencner, a fabulous collage artist, passed on to me the Liebster Award.



This award was designed in the 'pay it forward' fashion. Once you've been nominated, you award it to five of your favourite blogs that have fewer than 200 followers, to encourage new visitors to visit these blogs.
In this spirit here are my five choices of blogs that deserve more recognition, not necessarily in any special order.
An eclectic choice, but all worthy.  I could've added many more.  Hope you visit them and perhaps add them to your reading list.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, there! I hear what you're saying, sister! There's so much going on behind the scenes, I often forget that it hasn't been posted on my blog! Then I get so eager to read what others have been doing that it's frustrating when there's no time!

    For example: today my boss is paying me to read blogs. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding to the reading list, oh ues, I have thst too, but I love the inspiration from friends and want to be part of their world too. I feel like it's all a balance. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links Jo, some new blogs for me to check out . . . I'm in danger of becoming a art voyeur!

    ReplyDelete