Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Of Colour - Green

R reckons I do too much.  All these weekly challenges on the net!  Well, it's only three... Summer Of Colour,  Scrapiteria,  and Inspiration Avenue.  Oh, I forgot Liberate Your Art (but it's only a one-off swap of postcards of your art),  AND A Letter A Week.

Of course this is above and beyond the work needed for the usual run of winter exhibitions, and I need to paint for an exhibition at Studio 4  in October. 

Most of the net challenges are run from the USA, and it has been a wonderful introduction to many creative people working on the other side of the world.

As a new 'blogger' this year I have been doing this to help familiarise myself with the world of 'blogging' and it's been fun, fun, fun... if a little hectic. I suspect I will not take on such a load next year and concentrate on my real work.

That said, here's this week's collection of GREEN for the Summer Of Colour  (well, it's winter here... but who cares?)

Riverbank - painting


Bamboo - digitally enhanced

The Cricket Match - Photoshop

Handmade choker using imported foiled glass bead.

I think that's enough mucking about with green.  Next post will be another 'summer' theme for Inspiration Avenue.

22 comments:

  1. I just love your riverbank!!!
    So rich and creamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I'm loving that riverbank too! The weeping willow is great. ALL the other greens are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! the riverbank is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love all the variations; very cool photo shop art work~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the riverbank painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore your riverbank painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the riverbank, and your take on *green*.
    I mentioned to a friend the other day that I hated green and she proceeded to remind me of all the work I had done with green as a basis or main part.
    I ate crow.
    Isn't it odd how we react to a single color word, where *Spring green* or *Fern green* would have made me feel different?
    Is it just ME???

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow...i im in love with that choker...i love the emerald greenyou have used and your painting...how clever are you...the digital image is fab as wel..busy as!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such versatility, love the cricket photoshopped image

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey this is amazing!
    love your style + art.
    it's pretty cool.
    really love the painting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to you all for the great comments, particularly about the painting. Painting is my first love, my joy, frustrating as it can be. I'm fairly new to Photoshop, but it's great fun and am doing lots of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your riverbank painting the depth of colour and brush work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Jo! I too love all this beautiful green work, & your painting is just stunning. It reminds me of a beautiful impressionist classic ;). Thank you for joining us too - it is hard to limit ourselves blogging isn't it? I know I too get so excited about all the things out there, that it sometimes takes over, lol. Oh well, at least we are doing what we love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog - and I'm lovin' your greens....and in so many mediums. The necklace is stunning, the painting enchanting, the digital cricket fun and interesting. Beautiful all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your greens... lots of variation and all so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melinda, Kristin, Terrie, and Chris... we sre so lucky that this technology connects us, and we can share our work. Thanks for the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your riverbank piece is oh so lovely! All are so creative - great greens!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi & welcome Sandi... Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! You have been a busy bee!
    I love your riverbank painting. It is very beautiful.
    I also love the cricket men. It reminds me to Sorolla paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby array of greeness!... your riverbank painting is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Noemi, Jan, and C.M.... Thanks so much for your visit and comments. I'm surprised at the number of people who are attracted to the painting first.

    ReplyDelete